The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fun with Amie

A few Amie stories.......

"Moie" (Mommy without the second M)

"Moie"
"Amie Shop"


There she was next to me in her dress up high heels & her little purse, when I said, "ok, Amie can go shopping" -- she went to the door & really wanted to leave to go shopping!!


Sometimes, she's all girl!!
Then she decided to be goofy!!


About two weeks ago, Amie got ahold of Grandma's scissors & did her first "home made" hair cut -- it's a really good thing that on that day, her bangs weren't all down front -- because most of the time we can hide it with other bangs.

Last night, Amie was playing in the bathtub, I was putting laundry away & I heard,
"Moie, but"
"Amie but"
"Moie but" -- and she sounded really quiet -- what on earth was she talking about?

I walked in there & she was sitting on the side of the tub, with her legs drawn up, she looked up at me & said "a but" -- I was still thinking, what on earth..... I said, what are you talking about & why are you on the edge of the tub? She pointed down & said "a but".

I looked down, through the bubbles & there was a little dark fleck on the bottom of the tub -- I mean seriously it was SMALL & she said "a but". I finally figured it out -- she thought it was a BUG!!!! I told her it wasn't a bug, I chased it & lost it in the bubbles, never did get it out of the tub, but did convince her it wasn't a bug (or at least I think I did!!) I was laughing so hard!!! She's her Mommy's girl...not a bug fan!!!

And my last Amie story tonight....yesterday she visited me at work while Daddy had an appointment next door. The timing should have been fine (but I later found out, she hadn't taken a nap, which is why she became drama queen extraordinaire!)

Ok, so she comes to my office & she colors for a minute, then I tell her that we need to go upstairs for something, we begin walking down the hallway to the elevator & as she encounters different people she becomes more and more disagreeable....now remember I work at a catholic hospital.....yes you guessed it -- she crossed paths with one of the worlds sweetest souls! Sister Joan! Sister Joan tried to talk to her & Amie stuck her finger out & said "No" and every time Sister tried to talk to her she became more and more argumentative, shaking her finger & backing away. I picked her up & there in front of Sister -- she started kicking me!!!! Yes -- she made quite the impression!!!


And again I ask.....What are we going to do when she becomes a teenager??????????

:)

No comments: