We interrupt this blog to bring you a dose of reality!
.
YUK!
.
While we were in Florida my biological mother died. This is the woman that refused to reconcile even after 28 plus years - not even superficially. I guess she waited too long. I have dreaded this day for years. It's come and gone. And I'm ok with it. I just don't understand why she made the choices she made in her life.
.
Then we get back from Florida & Amie gets pretty sick with an upper respiratory infection & then GI symptoms with it. She does ok & starts getting better. She makes it to one day of school & then comes down with a urinary tract infection! She is now on anti-biotics & on the road to recovery.
.
Then I start getting sick with an upper respiratory infection or allergies again - not sure which, but feel like crud!
.
That brings us to Thursday morning of this week. 6am, waiting for Amie to get up & I log onto my checking account. It's about $700 in the negative!! I'm thinking, what on earth happened??
.
As I review it - someone has made 5 purchases from Arizona totaling almost $1,400 at Walmart and Walgreens!! WTH!!!
.
Through the course of the day we spoke to different persons with the bank and police department. The bank reversed all of the charges & our account is ok now.
.
Thursday night Christopher discovers that the basement is full of POO - yes POO!! It appears that the sewer system has backed up into the basement! YEAH!!
.
Friday brought the plumber to our house to auger out the drain - roots at 50 feet (second time this has happened since we've been in this house)!! And some further investigations in our little fraud case.
.
Come to find out - our little fraudster somehow came up with Darwin's card information & "cloned" it. Then went to Walmart & bought gift cards totalling about $1,000 within a few minutes. The bank flagged the card as possibly fraudulent and other attempts to purchase more gift cards were denied.
.
Then we're not sure when the Walgreens purchase occured - but this person also purchased a $350 American Express gift card at Walgreens.
.
The good news is that because of the way this person chose to comit fraud it might get them caught - since Walmart & Walgreens are already pulling the tapes to review!
.
So here it is Saturday - Friday's investigative work was intriguing! I can see how addicting being an investigator could be!! I just wanted to keep digging and calling to figure out exactly who this person is and how they got this information. The card they cloned has only been used once in the last 6 months - so there's another positive that could get them caught!! I have to call back to Hy-Vee on Monday since they may be the connection to this fraud case!
.
And I spent the morning cleaning POO out of the basement!! YEAH!!
.
OK - so this ends the week(s) from heck & tomorrow starts a fresh week that will be much better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment