
Well I guess I should have done a better job of doing an update of the whole family!!
Christopher, as I said is working at Wal-mart. He's a greeter in the automotive department. He's a very good greeter & "up-saler". Their department has seen the most up-sales since he started, because he does a great job of suggesting additional services when customers come in. Of course, as a consumer, I dread those up-sale suggestions! He's working steadily to get his debt down to a manageable level, so that he can make some decisions in the fall (college, apartment, whatever). Of course one of the bad things here in Galesburg, is that the economy took a HUGE hit over the past 5 years when Maytag & Butler manufacturing both closed. So, he's lucky to have a job, but there are no benefits yet (Wal-mart does most of their hiring as part-time).
Timmothy is working in a sheltered employment two mornings a week doing data entry. He seems to enjoy it for the most part, but has had some problem with that wrist that had surgery a few years ago. I'm going to look into some other ideas for him, possibly doing some volunteer work at a vet clinic nearby to see if there is anything in that arena that might fit him better. The good thing for him being here in Galesburg, is that we have public transportation that he has used from time to time. Although, there are some draw backs to that, but so far so good! He has a good friend that he met while he was in high school here, that comes over a couple of times a month -- so that's great!
Darwin is LOVING being a home-Daddy on Wednesday's! He has a hard time not being a "stay-at-home" Daddy full-time -- but he at least has more time at home with her than he was able to spend with the boys. It's just kind of funny how things are so different being "old" parents now instead of such young parents when the boys were little. I don't know what he would do if he weren't able to do the 4 day work week. In fact I don't know what we'd do, because we try to set up msot of Amie's appointments for Wednesday's so he can take her! She has her 6 month cardiology appointment coming up -- so we are hoping that the aortic valve is still doing ok!!
Me -- I just crazy busy at work! I now have about 54 employees & still no assistant! We finished the huge building expansion around the first of the year & I finally have a real office! But, the OP imaging department is well under way! In fact, we should be moving into it in August. I am working on hiring some more staff to cover those areas as well! We are also working on an expansion for our cardiology department, which will give us a second nuclear camera. So, as you can imagine -- crazy, crazy, crazy!! But wouldn't trade it! As much as I miss Gibson -- I know this was the right move for us for so many reasons!
Other than that, we're just gearing up for next week to start Amie's daily therapy sessions. She'll have an hour of speech (with the electrodes on her throat) & an hour of physical therapy (to work on the scar tissue in her chest -- theoretically, this should help her with her breathing coordination with swallowing). Then, we'll have the cardiology appointment, a re-visit with the pulmonologist & the follow-up with the immunologist. So, you can image the next several weeks are going to be BUSY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment