The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rewind....March 9th - Amie's field trip

Amie's class took a field trip to the Galesburg Airport (bet some of ya didn't even know Galesburg still had an airport.......Darwin flew out of there when he left for Germany believe it or not!!)
.
I was lucky enough to have an hour and a half to spare that morning and was able to meet them out there!

A few of the kids were given the duty to be reporters that day. They had a list of airplanes they thought they might see & had to check them off if they saw them!

So far so good...

I have no idea what Amie thought was so interesting - the opposite direction as the rest of the class...

The kids got to climb into one of them!


Couple of guys comparing notes on what they saw!

I don't think the floor drain was part of the intended tour.....but it was pretty fasinating stuff for the majority of them!

Ohhhhh!! Ahhhhhhhh!!

Here's where I'd like to point something out....but it's just between us right....!!?? Ok - so for months I hear, "Ism love Amie"! I didn't even know what she was saying at first - because I kept trying to guess what name she was saying, but continued to get it wrong. It was finally when the valentine list came home that I figured out "who" loves Amie!!
.
Ok - so here's the top secret part.....see the little boy that Miss Leary is trying to corral back in line...yes that would be Mr. Ism! It seems that my daughter has the likes for the class bad boy!! Not bad boy in a bad way - but as in I can see him being a challenge to authority as he gets bigger....is this what our future is looking like?? I can see it now - Amie will wind up with the piercings and tattoos & bring home the biker chained up guys.....Oh this is not looking good!!!
Over all though the kids did well & had lots of terrific questions!!
After the field trip they took some time to review the reporters notes & talk about what they had seen!

Of course - check out my lady-like daughter!! Oh My!! And Ism - he's the little cheeser all the way to the right!


Oh boy!! The next 10-15 years are going to be quite the interesting ride isn't it!

No comments: