.
Time flies way too fast!
.
We had to do the obligatory first day of kindergarten pictures......and she was being kind of stoic at first.
But a little "Say Fuzzy Pickles" loosened things up!! This next one is my absolute favorite....but I had to include some of her silly faces too!!
Time to load 'er up and head on over to school!
Here we are at the school.....you can see it's more of a forced smile, not the goofing around smiles from earlier.
Yeah - not a great smile here either!
Still the goofy strained smile.
Oh Baby Girl......I can still see it in your eyes. You are ready.....but not completely!! Guess what - Momma isn't either! :(
So I leave her in the capable hands of her school teachers & go back to work, but at noon there is a parent orientation & family prayer time. So, I got there a little early & peeked through the bushes at the school assembly in the front yard!
.
From my vantage point, I could see Amie squirming around something fierce. What I didn't appreciate until I was looking at the pictures on the computer.....she wasn't the only one!! Two little girls front and center were having a hard time sitting still too!
Heading inside with the K-4 class. We put Amie in the 4 year old class because she really is not ready for the curriculum the 5 year old kindergarten class was working on. Being in a class with 4 year olds (she's 5 1/2) makes her look like a very tall girl!! :)
One of the hardest things for the wee ones to do was to keep working on their coloring when Mom's and Dad's came into the classroom. But I must say - Amie did pretty darn good! I had to reminder her to turn around and stay seated a few times, but some of the other little ones just couldn't handle it and went running to Mom or Dad!!
So - our new chapter begins.........stay tuned for how this proceeds!
No comments:
Post a Comment