The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Up, Up & Away, Hot Air Balloon Part Two

Up, Up & Away -- Grandma & I got to fly high above it all in a Hot Air Balloon!!!

Taking off in the balloon was incredible! Darwin & Amie watched as Grandma & I sailed away! Where's Waldo -- I mean Darwin & Amie? Right there, the little dots to the left of the sidewalk!
They are getting littler, as we get higher!!
View of the mountains from above!


There were two balloons going up that morning -- here's our view of the other one getting ready to lift off.

This is a view with the regular lens of our condo. It's got a green roof & it's right by the lake -- can you spot it?

How bout now? I put the long lens on it & we can almost see in the front door! Wave High to Tim (who stayed at the condo that morning!)
The other balloon is coming up....
As we are coming down....


This was a cool shot that I caught where the other balloon covered the sun momentarily -- we called it a "balloon-eclipse"!!

I liked the shadow of the balloon on the ground.Guess what else we spotted?? See the white van in the drive-thru @ McDonald's?? That's Darwin & Amie -- wave high!!!

We're coming down -- are we going to land on the street??
We actually landed in the grass -- but very close to the street!

After we landed, they loaded the balloon back up & it took off -- here are both balloons from our vantage point!!

It was an awesome experience that we will remember forever!!

No comments: