The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumkin & 2nd day dry!!

An old time tradition -- carving a jack-o-latern!! It's been YEARS since we've done that! Amie picked out the pumkin at Sam's a week or so ago & it's been sitting on the front porch. Today I told her it was time to carve our pumkin -- she said "Yeah" -- she has the cutest yeah in the whole wide world!!!
Her other adorable phrase she has started is "ok please". I'll ask her something & she's say "ok please" -- not sure how she got those two words together but they are hysterical!!


After I cut the top off of the pumkin -- I told her it was time to pull out the "yuk". She definitely thought it was yuk!! I had a hard time convincing her at first that it was ok to reach in there!!

Curling her nose up at the thought of touching the yuk!!


This was a "oh yuk" moment!! I had showed her what to do, but she was not sure she wanted to try it!!


She finally gave it a little shot!! She didn't do too much -- but did start to get her hands dirty!!


Tim supervised the whole process!!!


I asked Amie if we should do a "spooky" face or a "happy" face!! She said "happy"!! So Happy it was!! I would cut the shape & then let her pull them out of the hole! Once the face was done -- she rested her chin on the top -- I have no idea why. She had this look of contentment. I tried to get a picture of her and Tim together behind the pumkin -- but she wasn't super cooperative!

After picture taking, I was cleaning up the pumkin guts & I looked in and she was talking to the pumkin so very quietly & sweetly!!


Then she decided to figure out exactly how this lid thing worked!!








I think she enjoyed it!!
And the other big news of the day.....Day two totally clean and dry!!!!!!!
She is soo funny!! "Amie Pee'd" she says! I say, "YAH!!" & she comes back with, "candy please"!!
She's so funny!!

No comments: