The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Visiting old Haunts

On Friday -- Amie and I made a trip back to Gibson & of course for some retail shopping therapy!! We didn't take the camera -- but I have these pictures from Gibson imaging from before I left there. It is absolutely so unreal that it is going on three years since I came to Galesburg!! Galesburg is definitely a different environment than Gibson was -- good and bad for both places.

At Gibson we were much more intimate with the medical staff. I knew everyone at each of the offices & knew what the hot buttons were for each clinician.

In Galesburg, the medical staff community is much larger -- there are even some of the medical staff that I have never met & would not recognize on the street -- that seems so odd to me.

At Gibson -- I wore quite a few more hats. In Galesburg -- I have corporate support for things like CPT issues, contract negotiations, computer updates, etc.

The one thing that I will always miss are the people:
Kimra (still there -- or actually -- there again!)
Whitney -- didn 't see her Friday -- but she's still there & doing Ultrasound! Congratulations Whitney!


Kim is still there & as energetic as ever!


Amy, Patti & Andy. Amy finished her radiation therapy program & has left Gibson -- so did Heidi (not pictured here) -- they both will make great radiation therapists! Patti & Andy are both still there! Patti working those long 16 hour shifts still -- don't know how she does it!


Sarah still there! She has become an awesome mammography tech!


Dana is now the assistant director! Congratulations Dana!


Fran still the nuclear medicine technologist - and unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see her on Friday!

Marni is still there -- but was off on Friday. Here is Steve -- ran into him on Friday!

A few other Gibson"ites" - Sharon, Becky & Sylvia.
Dr. Kivisito -- didn't get a chance to see him Friday either -- I wonder if he still thinks I was crazy to adopt a 2 year old (now 3)??

Rob is now the CEO!

And my favorite radiologist!! Dr. Lee!! Dr. Lee wasn't at Gibson on Friday & I didn't have a chance to make it to Bloomington! I will always remember the lessons I learned from Dr. Lee! He was a great teacher when I was a young green tech & then as I moved into management at Gibson -- will always treasure the lessons I learned from him & the friendship that developed!

My digital pictures are limited -- some day I'll digitize some of the older photos I have from Gibson. There were several others that I got to say hi to on Friday that I don't have pictures of -- Jena for one! Jena -- why don't you ever let us take your picture??!!

I didn't get a chance to go over to any of the offices to say hi to any of them! I did run into Marie at the hospital -- but had hoped to run over to the office & chat for a bit -- but that didn't happen either.

Gibson -- you'll always be in my heart!!

No comments: