The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas comes but once a year, as a popular song states.

What is Christmas - Jesus is the reason for the season. That phrase was coined several years ago & is a good way to keep the focus of the season in perspective.

Whatever your faith, spiritual believes or thoughts are -- this is a very special time of year.

When my boys were young & first began questioning whether Santa was real, I explained to them, that even if there is not an actual Santa Claus there is most definitely a Santa spirit that shows up during the Christmas season. So many times during the year, we may think - "I should stop and help that person." or "I should thank that person" -- but because we are busy, we pass on by or forget to make that call. It is only during the Christmas season that things get put into a bit more perspective & we stop to say thank you or to lend a helping hand whenever it's possible.

So -- if I haven't said thank you or I am glad you are a part of my life lately -- I'd like to take a moment to say that now.

Each person is put into someone's life for a reason. I am writing this blog for a reason. You are reading it for a reason. Neither of us know what the reason is yet! (Which to me is one of the things I struggle with -- the constant "why" in life!) But I appreciate each person that has touched my life over the years. I have taken something away from everyone I have met. And I hope that I have been able to offer something to others in my life.

Merry Christmas to all & May God Bless you in the new year!

No comments: