The Miller Family

Mom, Dad, Chris, Tim & Amie

Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Ogres have layers"

So - you all know how much Amie loves to repeat certain sentences that she hears. One that she repeats often is, "You have layers" from Shrek.
.
The background is that Donkey is talking about how Ogres have layers like onions.
.
So quite often, Amie will pop up with, "You have layers" & we'll say, "No - you have layers" & then she says, "No - Ogres have layers". This plays out multiple times a week!
.
A funny connection to this was while I was cutting up onions a week or so ago, she started in with it. And after we went back and forth a few times - she made this look we see often (mouth cock-eyed to the side & open on the other side) & then talks something that she is almost not wanting us to hear. So I had to ask her a few times what she was saying - then she pointed at the onions I was cutting & said, "Amie like that".
.
I laughed & said - I don't think Amie likes onions. "Yeah Amie do". So - I said, you want a piece & she said "yeah yeah yeah!"
.
So I gave her a piece & she took a bite and and made a face. I said, how is it. She said "Amie like"



She went to the living room to show Daddy - but soon after she told me "Amie done". I told her it was ok to not like it.

I know she didn't "really" like it - but she wouldn't admit it!!

No comments: